Privacy Shield Policy
Effective Date: June 01, 2018
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Waggener Edstrom is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
In this Waggener Edstrom Privacy Shield Policy:
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to a User that identifies or can be used to identify that User, either separately or in combination with other readily available data that is received by Waggener Edstrom in the U.S. from the EEA or Switzerland in connection with the Sites, including information provided offline, including Sensitive Personal Data.
- “Sensitive Personal Data” means Personal Data regarding an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, physical or mental health, or sexual life.
- “Sites” means http://www.we-worldwide.com and https://www.we-worldwide.de.
- “User” means an individual who accesses and uses the Sites and who resides in the EU or Switzerland.
Waggener Edstrom commits to comply with the Privacy Shield Principles with respect to Personal Data received from Users in connection with the use of the Sites. This Waggener Edstrom Privacy Shield Policy does not apply to Personal Data transferred under Standard Contractual Clauses or any approved derogation under EU data protection law.
Privacy Shield Principles
Waggener Edstrom commits to processing Personal Data in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles as follows:
We collect contact information, include name, title, postal and email address, telephone, mobile phone and fax numbers, to communicate with Users who are our clients about the professional services that we offer and to send information that they request.
We collect information from and about media representatives, such as name, telephone number, e-mail address, employer, professional achievements and articles published. We collect and use Personal Data from public records and other publicly available sources, such as newspapers, press releases and industry or trade organization directories, and combine it with other information that we have. We use all of this information for public relations campaigns, research, and other related purposes on behalf of Waggener Edstrom’s clients.
When a User submits a request for information, Waggener Edstrom collects name, email address and other information that the User chooses to give us to respond to the request.
- Waggener Edstrom automatically collects the date and time of the User’s access to the Sites. Depending on the settings of a User’s computer or mobile device (“Device”), Waggener Edstrom also automatically collects: Internet Protocol (IP) address; MAC address; Device make, model and operating system version; mobile network information; internet service provider; browser type and language; country and time zone in which the Device is located; and metadata stored on the Device.
- Waggener Edstrom shares Personal Data collected through the Sites with third parties that Waggener Edstrom engages to provide marketing, billing and similar administrative services.
All Personal Data is collected to operate, manage and improve the Sites and ensure the technical functionality and security of the Sites. Before Waggener Edstrom uses Personal Data for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose for which Waggener Edstrom collected it or that was later authorized, Waggener Edstrom will provide Users with the opportunity to opt out.
In rare circumstances, we may receive Sensitive Personal Data from our clients or others. If we do receive Sensitive Personal Data, we only will use and process it for the specific and limited purpose for which it was provided to us or otherwise with explicit consent.
If Waggener Edstrom collects Personal Data, we will obtain opt-in consent whenever Privacy Shield requires, including if we disclose Personal Data to third parties or before Personal Data is used for a different purpose than that purpose for which it was collected or later authorized.
Please see Section 6 below to learn more about choices about Personal Data.
3. Accountability for Onward Transfer
Waggener Edstrom may share Personal Data collected through the Sites as follows:
- Vendors: We share information with our vendors that help us operate the Sites, such as by providing customer service, helping us with marketing or testing our security measures. Waggener Edstrom will ensure that any vendor with which we share personal data agrees to use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard it.
- Legal Compliance: Under certain circumstances, Waggener Edstrom may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to valid requests by public authorities, including for national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share use and share information to protect against fraud, claims or other liability or harm to Users, us or others; and to exercise or perform a legal, ethical, contractual or other right or obligation, including enforcing agreements.
- Corporate Transaction: We may share and transfer personal data if we are involved in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control by Waggener Edstrom or any affiliated company (in each case, whether in whole or in part).
Waggener Edstrom takes appropriate measures to protect Personal Data covered by this Waggener Edstrom Privacy Shield Policy from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, unavailability and destruction. In determining these measures, Waggener Edstrom takes into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Data.
5. Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
Waggener Edstrom takes reasonable steps to ensure that such Personal Data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current. Waggener Edstrom adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles for as long as it retains Personal Data in identifiable form. Waggener Edstrom takes reasonable and appropriate measures to comply with the requirement under the Privacy Shield to retain Personal Data in identifiable form only for as long as it serves a purpose of processing.
Waggener Edstrom limits the collection of Personal Data covered by this Waggener Edstrom Privacy Shield Policy to information that is relevant for processing. Waggener Edstrom does not process Personal Data in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by a User.
A User whose Personal Data is covered by this Waggener Edstrom Privacy Shield Policy has the right to access his or her Personal Data and to correct, amend, limit use of or delete the Personal Data if the Personal Data is inaccurate or processed in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles. Waggener Edstrom is not required to grant the rights to access, correct, amend and delete Personal Data if the burden or expense of providing access, correction, amendment or deletion is disproportionate to the risks to the User’s privacy or if the rights of persons other than the User are or could be violated.
Please submit requests for access, correction, amendment or deletion to:
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide, Inc.,
225 108th Avenue NE, Suite 600
Bellevue, WA 98004
In your request, please make clear the Personal Data that you would like us to change, whether you would like your Personal Data removed from our database or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the Personal Data associated with the particular email or other contact information that you use to send us your request. We may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transaction that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Data provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). Our databases and other records may have residual data which will not be removed. In addition, we also may not allow you to review certain data for legal, security or other reasons.
7. Recourse, Enforcement, and Liability
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Waggener Edstrom commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Data transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact Waggener Edstrom at https://www.we-worldwide.com/connect.
Waggener Edstrom has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
Waggener Edstrom commits to periodically review and verify its compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles and to remedy any issues arising out of failure to comply with the Privacy Shield Principles. Waggener Edstrom acknowledges that its failure to provide an annual self-certification to the U.S. Department of Commerce will remove it from the Department’s list of Privacy Shield participants.
Changes to this Waggener Edstrom Privacy Shield Policy
Waggener Edstrom may amend this Waggener Edstrom Privacy Shield Policy consistent with the requirements of the Privacy Shield, including notice about any amendment.
How to Contact Waggener Edstrom
If you have any questions about this Waggener Edstrom Privacy Shield Policy or would like to request access to your Personal Data, please contact us as follows:
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide, Inc.,
225 108th Avenue NE, Suite 600
Bellevue, WA 98004