Less Machine, More Learning: What You Need to Know About AI
As AI becomes more present in our daily lives and work, it may also force us to reflect on our very relevance—personally and professionally. This emerging technology promises to fundamentally alter how we communicate, make decisions, incentivize behavior, and spark change. Ultimately, will a machine's algorithms supplant human agency and community? This is no longer the stuff of science fiction.
It's time to embrace the realities of emerging technology and explore its impacts on how we communicate and how we lead. Join us for Comm Lead Connects 2019.
Featured presentations include:
- “How to Change the World with Pre-Built AI” with Noelle LaCharite—Leading Developer Experience for Applied AI, Microsoft
- “Not So Artificial Intelligence” with Vinay Narayan—Vice President, Product and Operations (Americas), HTC VIVE
- “Organizational Culture and Emergent Technology—What’s the Connection?” with Claudia Chang—UW Comm Lead Faculty and Founder, Emerald Global
- “Brave New World: How AI, Data, and Surveillance Impact Vulnerable Communities (and How They Always Have)” with Shankar Narayan—Technology and Liberty Project Director, American Civil Liberties Union of Washington and Theresa Crecelius—American Muslim Empowerment Network, Muslim Association of Puget Sound (MAPS AMEN)
- "How to Tell the Story of AI" with Kerry Schimmelbusch—Senior Communications Manager, Microsoft
- “Practical Use Cases for Communicators, and how to adopt, deploy, and glean value” Kevin Akeroyd—CEO, Cision
Tickets and additional details are available here.