Aruba Networks - A connected partnership on a $3B journey
Making sense of IoT
A connected solution to raise awareness and drive measurable returns
As the technological landscape continues to evolve at warp speed, so too has WE’s partnership with Aruba. When WE began working with Aruba in 2012 it was a niche, highly-specialized enterprise network provider with limited reach. But the tech brand had bigger aspirations — to become an industry thought leader, which is something that cannot happen overnight. Through years of watching the world’s working habits evolve and industry trend-watching, Aruba now believed it could position itself as an HP enterprise powerhouse. Moving beyond its historical IT specialist audience, it wanted to engage and educate the highest-level business decision makers to create noticeable change, and this is how WE made it happen.
Aruba’s vision has always been to deliver the most dynamic customer experiences at the Edge — where enterprise-owned networks meet third-party networks. WE knew that a long-term approach of consistent messaging and the development of strategic campaigns to new and expanding audiences over several years would allow Aruba to become a trusted enterprise network provider. The first out of two campaigns instrumental in the tech company’s repositioning was our 2013 global #GenMobile campaign.
Through a targeted integrated approach using paid, owned and earned media, the team highlighted the changing behaviour of an increasingly mobile workforce, the security risks inherent in this and how Aruba could respond by providing a secure network. This work enabled Aruba to create and lead part of a new conversation between IT specialists and C-suite execs that hadn’t happened before.
Our strategy to establish Aruba as a thought leader at the edge of networks continued with the ‘Making sense of loT’ campaign in 2017. A natural extension of #GenMobile, the marketing and communications effort cemented Aruba’s role as an expert in the complex challenges of accessing loT’s advantages and continued to widen Aruba’s audience
By developing a long-term strategy with interconnected signature campaigns, WE gained awareness for Aruba’s executives and created measurable returns for Aruba’s company profile with sales that speak for themselves:
- #GenMobile drove 6,000 unqualified sales leads, and 260 qualified leads with a potential value of $9.5m, and a realised return of $1.8m. Overall, it produced $11 ROI for every $1 spent
- #GenMobile led to 320 pieces of coverage, reaching a worldwide audience of 120 million
- ‘Making sense of IoT’ generated 500+ pieces of coverage, 50% in tier-1 publications
- The first lead-gen campaign conducted around ‘Making sense of IoT’ delivered 112 leads with an estimated value of $3M
- IoT blogs were shared over 1,200 times and had over 1m impressions
- Created a platform for execs to share both insights and company news, and boosted engagement levels with customers and prospects
- From a standing start of zero for the EMEA VP, we’ve built over 2,200 LinkedIn followers and his articles have garnered over 10,000 likes, 300 comments and 700 shares
Learn more about our Corporate Reputation & Brand Purpose services »