How a Brand Refresh Helped PCI Pharma Services Stand Out
PCI Pharma Services
WE helped PCI Pharma Services build brand awareness amongst a sea of sameness.
The pharmaceutical supply chain industry has a “sea of sameness” problem — it’s a highly regulated, complex ecosystem where decision-makers think one provider is about the same as any other. The market was ripe for transformation, and PCI Pharma Services saw an opportunity to differentiate itself from competitors, connect more authentically with customers, attract employees and enhance brand equity with a comprehensive brand refresh.
Through an in-depth competitive analysis and one-on-one interviews with internal stakeholders and key PCI customers, WE found white space where PCI could tell its story, then dug deep with working groups at PCI to articulate the company’s purpose and create a narrative framework to galvanize employees.
We created a 360-degree brand refresh, including a website and social media overhaul, thought leadership campaign, and a strategic communications plan around a specific moment: the launch of PCI’s revolutionary digital customer platform pci | bridge, a perfect proof point to show — not tell — that PCI was the industry leader in digital transformation.
WE and PCI achieved the goal of building brand awareness and driving positive business impact. Earned media results were a key piece of this — impressive, considering the small universe of trade outlets in this space. The campaign resulted in:
- 48 original stories in trade media.
- Targeted reach of ~6M.
- 100% positive/neutral sentiment.
Media coverage, along with the brand's refreshed digital properties and channels, contributed to increased website activity:
- Higher traffic in 2020 vs. 2019 (between 10% and 44% more sessions each month compared to previous year).
- Lead generation from the new website for the clinical side of PCI’s business tripled since the relaunch, with the same (or less) budget for digital advertising.
- 12% average click-through rate (CTR) since launch; above industry standard (2%).
- 65% increase in CTR vs. same time period 2019, pre-launch.
Learn more about how we help healthcare and pharma brands tell their stories »